The living room lamps are finally getting a makeover! When I ordered them, the catalog stated they were in a "copper" hue, but when they arrived and I put them together, they were anything but copper! More like a dull brassy hue. I put it off for years, but today I started my attempt at giving them the copper hue they were meant to have.
Here's some before shots:
And some after my first attempt at adding the copper metallic paint:
They aren't perfect and still need some touch-ups, but not bad for the first coat. Two down; two to go!
Next up is the fireplace wall. Thanks to a major opps, I have to paint the wall - that means the fireplace mantel and those "lovely" rocks need to change as well. My color inspiration comes from the picture of Christ currently leaning on the mantle and our new sofa/bench:
With any luck, it will all be done before we move!
No comments:
Post a Comment