Here's a little bit of what Paige had to say on the subject of blogging (in case you don't feel like clicking the link to read the full post):
[I]n many ways, blogging allows us to rejoice together. We can "calleth together [our] friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have ____________!" (Fill in the blank. . . I have made a pie! I have done something funny! I have had a baby!) We get to relish in the small and happy moments together.I'm glad I know people like Paige (everyone should have a "Paige" in their lives!) and that I take the time to read her blog (she has a lot of profound things to say/share/rejoice). I'm also glad we live in a time where our words can travel across the globe and reach the masses with a single click.
Telling stories allow us to do this, and blogging is our new public square. It's oral tradition reincarnate. It's rejoicing together. I've learned while writing my stories down that even though our stories aren't perfect, or expected or sometimes even our own, they are important and worth sharing. Because we've created a community of learning by story telling. By sharing, listening, imagining, remembering, and rejoicing, we take part in making more togetherness.
While my entries may not be as inspiring as I find Paige's to be for me - you never know who might need to hear/read what you have to say.
Let the rejoicing begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment