I love to eat at Sonic. They make me cherry rootbeers and don't laugh when I order them. And the good Sonics actually put real cherries in the drink! I love finding a cherry at the bottom of my cherry rootbeer. Sheer happiness (can you tell I am currently lacking a man in my life?!).
I have had the pleasure of eating at several Sonics throughout Utah. Some are exceptional, some are ok and some, well...they need new management, new employees, new everything! My utopia would be a world full of Sonics and they all serve the same exceptional food with the same exceptional service. Well, that would be a small part of my utopia.
If you are cruising through the fine state of Utah and happen to be craving Sonic food, here are my must-visit and must-avoid locations within the Utah Valley:
American Fork - earning top billing as the BEST Sonic I have been to. They are a little further from my home, but worth the drive. In the several years we have been eating there, they have only messed up my order ONCE! The servers are great and the food is top notch. The bacon is always perfect (I like it crunchy and over cooked, not soft!) and they ALWAYS make sure I have at least one cherry in my rootbeer :)
Springville - I have only been to this Sonic a few times, but they were always good. They used to have a young man there on roller skates that could do some cool tricks. Maybe he's still there? He always earned a tip from me!
Spanish Fork - This location is ok, but not consistently good. During the summer, Sonic sells a Jr. Banana Split for 99 cents. I love them as they are the perfect mini dessert. They come with chocolate, pineapple and strawberry toppings...topped off with whipped cream and a cherry. I always order them with strawberry topping only. 9 times out of 10 they would still put all of the toppings on, even when they would read back my order correctly (strawberry only). Still curious as to how this happens. But the topping screw-ups were only the beginning. They started leaving off the BANANA of all things! Hello, BANANA split! I would bring it to the attention of the server and would normally score a new banana split, this time with the bananas. They also like to skimp on the ice cream. Not sure why...my philosophy is this: If I am going to make you a banana split, bacon cheeseburger, or cherry rootbeer...I am going to make them so good that even I would enjoy eating them! Maybe that's the problem, the people making them have low standards? Anyway, I don't go there anymore.
Orem - they have yet to leave an impression on my mind. Not good, not really bad. Just there.
Pleasant Grove - what to say about PG! They have been through several management changes, but they have yet to get it right. One thing they have is consistency. What ever you order, they will manage to screw it up! Kudos on the consistency guys.
Sandy - I have only been to this location once. I liked the food and the service, but I had good company, so maybe I was distracted? Will have to try them out again sometime.
I only have one general complaint...why did Sonic cut back on the hours they offer their 1/2 price drinks?! Were they actually making money and it scared them? Or did they end up losing too much? And they should have left it as 2-4 pm instead of 3-5 pm. Now you can't go get a drink before picking up the kids from school! LOL
Oh well, at least it has cut back on my cherry rootbeer consumption. I will probably see the health benefits later in life....here's hoping something good comes out of this!
No comments:
Post a Comment